Wild Desert is a private, family-owned company which was founded in Roma, Queensland, in 2005. Since then, we have grown to become one of Australia’s leading providers of well servicing rigs, transport operations and mobile camps to the oil and gas industry across regional Australia.
Our foundation is what sets us apart, with local ownership and leadership at our core. For Wild Desert, being local is fundamental to our business, and our success is our communities’ success. It’s beyond a policy. It is about genuine investment into the community that we call home.
Our people are our company and employing the right people in our business has driven our continued success. As Wild Desert has grown to include bases in Brisbane and Moomba, so have our executive and operations management teams. Wild Desert has always prided itself on its dedicated core team that’s focused on the common values of excellence, safety, passion, innovation and fun. These core values are as evident today as they were in 2005.
Our on-the-ground experience has seen us successfully provide solutions for clients since 2005. From the Cooper Basin, in South Australia, to the Surat and Bowen Basin in Queensland, to the oil and gas fields of New South Wales and Northern Territory, Wild Desert has become Australia’s foremost go-to provider for well servicing solutions.
Life is about more than work. We know that for our teams to thrive in their communities, it is essential to support the community, as much as they help us. Sometimes it is by sponsoring a local sporting team. Sometimes it is a community event. And at other times it is about donating our time, skills and equipment to make things happen. For us, local support is about showing up, not showing off. It is about backing the volunteers, the go-getters, the groups, the teams and the events that bring these communities to life. We strive to participate in things that genuinely matter.
At Wild Desert, we believe in providing the safest environment possible for all personnel, whether they are experienced, or new to our industry. Wild Desert has a duty of care to provide a safe and healthy workplace for our personnel, our clients and our visitors.
- Every day, in every location, we live by our belief that nothing matters more than everyone’s safe return home from our sites.
- We provide efficient service for our clients while also ensuring that safety is at the heart of everything we do.
- We strictly comply with all relevant standards, including API, Petroleum Regulations and Acts, Australian Standards and Industry Standards.
- All of our Wild Desert personnel fit our safety culture and mantra “Know the System, Own the System, Love the System”.
- Our cloud-based business management system allows for simple auditing of our procedures to ensure a quality system is maintained in all our work locations.
Wild Desert operates with advanced custom designed technological systems that are second to none, allowing our teams to manage daily processes easily. Some of our custom designed digital applications are:
- Electronic daily reports for rig, camp and transport, including auto-generated approval email direct to our clients
- Wild Desert driver app – compliant with NHVAS and AFM systems
- Wild Desert message to text app
- Critical stock inventory management with automated replacement ordering
- Compliance management with autogenerated tasks
Wild Desert believes that in everyday activities, consideration must be given to meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Sustainability isn’t part of our work – it’s a guiding influence for all of our daily work. Areas of focus at Wild Desert built seamlessly into our daily lives are:
- Waste management
- Recycling options
- Engine emissions – low carbon and carbon off-setting initiatives
- Product control
- Environmental protection to minimise environmental impact