A challenging and rewarding position has opened for a suitably experienced individual to become part of our approachable Leadership team.
Based in Roma or Moomba on a 20 day on/20 day off roster and reporting to the Transport Manager, you will be the primary contact for all transport related activities in that area and assume responsibility for the leadership and supervision of the relevant locations Transport Team.
The Transport Supervisors will be responsible for ensuring all drivers possess a good understanding of the standard Wild Desert transport operating policies and procedures including but not limited to pre-start checks, fault reporting, rig moving operations, load restraint and tie down methods as well as best practices for basic equipment maintenance.
Roster: 20 day on /20 day off
- Schedule transport operations including rig moves, camp moves, stores and water deliveries
- Co-ordinate driver workloads and monitor driver fatigue in accordance with NHVR and Chain of Responsibility regulations
- Communicate clear expectations to drivers, set objectives and monitor results.
- Promote safety as a priority and ensure compliance with Wild Desert and client policies and procedures
- Undertake the required administrative functions to support the role
- Ensure compliance with NHVAS systems including Pre-Start and Fault Report
- Perform initial and ongoing appraisal and assessment of drivers in all transport duties including driving, loading vehicles, load restraint, fatigue management and basic mechanical repairs. Arrange additional training as required
- Assess, train and coach drivers in loading, load restraint, tyre changing and general transport duties and operations
- Maintain sound working relationships and demonstrate strong leadership skills to resolve disputes and improve operational efficiencies
- Conduct equipment inspections and follow the work order process to facilitate repairs
- Drive trucks and operate bed truck when required
Ideally you will have
- Competent abilities in Bed Truck operation and maintenance with an MC Licence
- Advanced mechanical skills
- Excellent knowledge of and compliance with health and safety standards, NHVAS and NHVR legislation
- Proven understanding of fatigue management and chain of responsibility and ability to manage driver workload
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and work under pressure whilst achieving deadlines.
- Ability to work with multiple internal stakeholders ranging from drivers to workshop and key operations staff who often have competing and conflicting priorities
- An unwavering commitment to safety.
- Excellent verbal communication and influencing skills.
- Sound computer skills.